I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a “mini-review” format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- NV Mionetto Prestige Collecion Organic Extra Dry Prosecco (Veneto): An affable, affordably elegant way to toast an epic Euro Cup win. $14 B
- 2019 Scacciadiavoli Trebbiano Spoletino Spoleto (Umbria): Overachieving its asking price with saline-washed notions of citrus pith, pink grapefruit, white flowers, and herbs. $28 A-
- 2018 Masseria Li Veli Passamante Negroamaro Salento (Puglia): Tangy! Tangy! Tangy! Spices! Spices! Spices! In Tora! Tora! Tora! fashion. $15 B+
- 2012 Weingut Pflüger Dürkheimer Spätburgunder Troken (Pfalz): Lively and earthy, but it’s burnin’ rubber to get at that leathery finish. $28 B
- 2016 Quinta do Crasto Touriga Nacional (Douro): About as big, bold, balanced, and beautifully complete as TN can get on its own. $70 A-
- 2019 Zulal Voskehat (Vayots Dzor): Perky honeysuckle, prickly pear, and ready for prime time. $20 B+
- 2019 Lucia Vineyards Soberanes Vineyard Syrah (Santa Lucia Highlands): Full, spicy, gamey, complex, leathery, poised, and rich… So, basically, wanting for absolutely nothing. $60 A
- 2014 Seghesio Family Vineyards Zinfandel (Sonoma County): Still kicking its black pepper and a dark plums like a young buck! $28 B+
- 2019 Merry Edwards Georganne Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Showing thrilling spy novel levels of dark intrigue. $66 A-
- 2019 Chalk Hill Estate Sauvignon Blanc (Chalk Hill): Huge. Floral, Tropical, elegant. And, also… Huge! $33 A-
2 thoughts on “Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up for July 19, 2021”
Hey Joe, wondering if you could ever try Indian wines and write a review on them. Best wishes.
Just as soon as someone sends samples my way! ;-)
Comments are closed.