So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Le Salette La Marega Amarone (Veneto): Definitely more versatile than your average Amarone; no spoon required to enjoy this one. $99 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Le Salette I Progni Valpolicella Ripasso (Veneto): From the Ripasso perspective, this is laying down some beats fresh AF. $36 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 G. Milazzo Maria Costanza Rosso (Sicilia): From a dark-juiced Nero d'Avola clone comes a thrilling, authentic, & unique treat. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 G. Milazzo Maria Costanza Bianco (Sicilia): A long – loooong! – walk down a very floral – and very, very pretty – vinous path. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Robert Mondavi Winery Maestro (Napa Valley): A BDX-style blend that's conducting itself with powerful, plummy, plush aplomb. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 Terlato Pinot Grigio (Colli Orientali del Friuli): Peach, pear, perkiness, and, ok, probably some persimmons, too? Yes, please. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Bird In Hand Nest Egg Shiraz (Adelaide Hills): Blackberries, cloves, mint, & silk; that's a whole lotta sexy in 750ml format. $85 A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 Bird In Hand Two In The Bush Semillon Sauvignon Blanc (Adelaide Hills): A gentle, light-touch tickle of nettles and passion fruit. $16 B >>find this wine<<
- 14 Steven Kent Winery BDX Collection Cabernet Franc (Livermore Valley): Can spiciness show sexiness? Certainly this makes a case. $48 A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 Vietti Roero Arneis (Piedmont): Carrying its delicate and elegant perennial torch into yet another tasty vintage expression. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<