So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 Wild Horse Cheval Sauvage Pinot Noir (Santa Maria Valley): Ever hit a home run 2 win a game for the team? It kinda feels like that $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Azienda Agricola Sant'Elena Pinot Grigio (Venezia Giulia): After 5 year courtship, it's finally letting you near its perky melons. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 FEL Pinot Noir (Anderson Valley): Herb gardening w/ stylish, pretty black-cherry gloves; & packing snacks of licorice & cola, too. $38 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 FEL Chardonnay (Anderson Valley): A lemony, tropical & complex steal of a wine; cue the bargain hunters' Pavlovian salivation. $28 A- >>find this wine<<
- 07 Domaine Carneros Le Reve Blanc de Blancs (Carneros): A long elegant dress, fine pearls, & a longing, contemplative, poignant stare $99 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Gracianna Bacigalupi Vineyard Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Today we give thanks for sweet, ripe, juicy, generous fruitiness. $48 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 05 Heidsieck & Co. Monopole Champagne Gold Top Brut (Champagne): Ready now, but sometimes it's ok that guilty pleasures can't wait. $50 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Perrier-Jouet Blason Rose (Champagne): Can a red berry, clay & flowers mash-up be lovely? This makes a decent affirmative case. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 05 Chateau Musar Gaston Hochar (Bekaa Valley): Lovely in many ways, but the shoes are covered with as much funk as they are leather. $46 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Vina Quebrada de Macul Domus Aurea Cabernet Sauvignon (Maipo Valley): Showy? Not even remotely. Serious & stately? Most certainly. $55 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Paolo Manzone Langhe Rosso Ardi (Langhe): Dolcetto strutting its chewy, fruity stuff, alternating steps both rustic and refined. $18 B >>find this wine<<