So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 La Rochelle Pinot Noir Rose McIntyre Estate Vineyard (Santa Lucia Highlands): The soul of Provence going on vacation in Livermore. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Steven Kent Winery Lola Sauvignon Blanc Semillon (Livermore Valley): Thoroughbred racer, but showing its stuff over short distances $24 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 La Rochelle Santa Lucia Highlands Pinot Noir (Santa Lucia Highlands): Svelte on top, spicy/fat on bottom, pretty all the way thru. $38 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Steven Kent Merlot Small Lot Ghielmetti Vineyard (Livermore Valley): Everything's right w/ this promising – & very young – upstart $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Steven Kent Winery Lineage (Livermore): Throwing the Infinity Gauntlet in Napa's & Bordeaux's faces, Thanos throwdown style. $145 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Steven Kent Winery Folkendt Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Livermore): The raspberries donned oak/herb chainmail & are digging in! $65 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Steven Kent Winery Merrillie Chardonnay (Livermore Valley): Pears, pith, power, poise, personality, and probably peaked interest. $34 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 La Rochelle Saralee's Vineyard Pinot Meunier (Russian River Valley): Fascinating conversation between plums, rose petals & spice. $38 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 La Rochelle Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): A pretty Disney princess, smoking, sorting tats & growing out her armpit hair. $42 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 La Rochelle Deer Meadows Vineyard Pinot Noir (Andersen Valley): Open up the cupboard to find spices, but also dancing cranberries! $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Montenisa Brut (Franciacorta): Serious, with apple & peach bread toast in between layers of toast, toast, & maybe some more toast. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 07 Antica Fratta Essence Brut (Franciacorta): Floral & long, but there's a LOT of sweet, crusty, toasty junk all up in that trunk. $32 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Ronco Calino Saten (Franciacorta): Lavender, honey, apples, pear, fresh apricot, toast, bread, all served up to you buffet-style. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Azienda Agricola Fratelli Berlucchi Brut Millesime (Franciacorta): Snappy, smooth, elegant, but U better like things dry & toasty. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 06 Gussalli Beretta Lo Sparviere Extra Brut Millesimato (Franciacorta): Kind of like ice cream meets bakery meets pure kick-ass. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
2 thoughts on “Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For December 9, 2013”
Steven is certainly the shining star of Livermore.
Didier – hard to argue with that
Comments are closed.