Uhm, like what is this stuff?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be fun, quickly-and-easily-digestible reviews. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Keuka Lake Vineyards Dry Riesling Falling Man Vineyard (Finger Lakes): Spiced pear & lime lay down together on a crystal clear bed $30 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Cliff Lede Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley): Broadway musicals beware, this SB finishes just as big – and indulgently – as you do. $23 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 08 Cliff Lede Cabernet Sauvignon Stags Leap District (Napa Valley): Inviting as brambly wild blackberries, complete with boozy thorns $60 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 07 Clos du Val Cabernet Sauvignon Stags Leap District (Napa Valley): Like a revolver; it has a dark & slightly rubberized grip. $75 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Suavia Monte Carbonare Soave (Soave Classico): Just like picking at the orchard; you’ll smell the tart apples, wooden crates & all. $33 B >>find this wine>>
- 11 Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais-Villages Nouveau (Beaujolais-Villages): Yeah it’s got banana but you won’t be a monkey’s uncle w/ this. $11 C+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Blue Plate Chenin Blanc (Clarksburg): A curvy, energetic & most importantly, *cheap* date; she’s promising you a *very* nice time $9 B- >>find this wine>>
- 10 Cuma Torrontes (Cafayate Valley): Like most politicians, full of verve & promise that all goes somewhat unfulfilled in the end. $13 C+ >>find this wine>>
- 08 Cliff Lede Lonely Wizard (Stags Leap District): Like KISS’ Destroyer album; big, brash, a bit too loud, & just utterly satisfying. $90 A- >>find this wine>>
- 07 Lindstrom Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): About as beautifully dense (ahh, but not as complex!) as a quantum singularity. $119 A- >>find this wine>>
2 thoughts on “Weekly Twitter Wine Mini Reviews Round-Up For December 3, 2011”
The fact that you can consistently continue to keep doing so many of these reviews, and keep each one of them so creative, blows my mind every week (and also makes me slightly jealous). Keep up the good work, mate!
Kris – wow, thanks for that, I can tell you that those positive vibes totally made my day! Cheers!
Comments are closed.