Uhm, like what is this stuff?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be fun, quickly-and-easily-digestible reviews. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 08 Kanonkop Pinotage (Stellenbosch): Deftly capturing the entire BBQ picnic in a single bottle; toast, smoked meats, fruits & all. $27 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 08 Graham Beck Chardonnay (Robertson): Still has more bite than the great white sharks hunting in the Cape; overachieving all the way. $15 B >>find this wine>>
- 06 Golden Kaan Pinotage (Western Cape): Spread some tart cherry on a slab of smoked meat & you’ll get the general idea on this one. $10 C+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Dashe Cellars Zinfandel Florence Vineyard (Dry Creek Valley): No new oak; thanks to those chunky-monkey tannins, you won’t miss it $32 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Dashe Cellars Zinfandel Todd Brother Ranch Old Vines (Alexander Valley): To sip while contemplating the implosion of the Universe. $32 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Dashe Cellars Les Enfants Terribles Grenache (Dry Creek Valley): Its namesake Wild Children grew up flirtatious & down-right sexy $24 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Dashe Cellars Dry Riesling McFadden Farm (Potter Valley): Funny, coulda sworn this peachy, lemony, lush beauty hailed from WA state $20 B >>find this wine>>
- 06 d’Arenberg The Galvo Garage (McLaren Vale): Lots of tangy, spicy black cherry fruit left in its (slightly-overly) oak-lined tank. $29 B+ >>find this wine>>
2 thoughts on “Weekly Twitter Wine Mini Reviews Round-Up For January 14, 2012”
Looks like you liked the Dashe! I like what they're doing with Les Enfant line…native yeast, less alcohol,and unfined… Thanks for the ZAP tix!
Thanks, Martin! Enjoy ZAP – come back and let us know how it went!
Comments are closed.