- 09 Ducca del Frassino Garganega Pinot Grigio (Venezie): Crisp & refreshing if you dig aromas of artificially-flavored banana candy. $20 3L C #
- 07 Dancing Bull Zinfandel (CA): Easy to like, & easier to drink, though the candied red fruit on the nose might wear out the welcome. $9 C+ #
- 06 Brutocao Quadriga (Mendocino): 4 Italian grape blend but it's the 18% Barbera that *really* keeps things interesting (& red-plummy) $24 B #
- NV Henry's Drive Vignerons "The Postmistress" Blanc de Blanc (Padthaway): Squeaky clean pears, she snuck in flowers & brioche, too. $19 B- #
- 06 Story Winery Picnic Hill Zinfandel (Shenandoah Valley, CA): Ugly label, but solid old vine sipper. Tangy, w/ sweet black licorice. $25 B #
- 07 Gramercy Cellars 'Lagniappe' Syrah (Columbia Valley): A magic carpet ride to berry-land; only the carpet is made of smoked meat. B+ $38 #
- 07 Doyenne Syrah (Yakima Valley): Someone just blitzkrieged your senses Old World style w/ sandalwood & black fruit. And you liked it A- $49 #
- 07 K Syrah "Phil Lane" (Walla Walla): They got the whole butcher shop, incense store, & blueberry bush in there, topped up w/ booze. A- $70 #
- 06 Columbia Winery Syrah (Columbia Valley): Too funky for its own dang self. A shame, because the spice & supple texture are nice. C+ $16 #
- 08 Hayman & Hill Chardonnay Reserve Selection (Russian River Valley): Solid as a barely-ripe peach; tastes just as good as one, too. $15 B- #
- 08 Hayman & Hill Pinot Noir Reserve Selection (Santa Lucia Highlands): Oak, lees contact, & a big dose of Malbec. None of it helped. $18 C #
- 07 Hayman & Hill Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve Selection (Napa Valley): Simple, but you won't be mistaking it for succulent anytime soon $15 C+ #
Powered by Twitter Tools
2 thoughts on “Weekly Twitter Wine Mini-Reviews Round-up for 2010-03-27”
These are great! So sad that we missed this and hope to get in on the next round. I love this whole idea. Thank You!
oops – what a dolt – i meant to post this on your Seeing red for the first time!
Comments are closed.