- 06 Jacob's Creek Steingarten Riesling (Barossa): They ride on blaaaaazing aaaaaciiiiiiiiid! And lemon zest. And then even more acid. B- #
- 06 Cruz Andina Malbec (Mendoza): More jams than a Phish concert. Decant for 2 hrs, serve w/ brisket & the higher price will seem worth it. B #
- 08 Folonari Pinot grigio (Veneto): For $9, don't expect the world. But expect its green apple flavor to play nicely with baked fish. C+ #
- 08 Ritual Pinot Noir (Casablanca Valley): There's dark cherry New World Pinot in there, but you've gotta dig thru the green pepper for it. C #
- 06 Rocca Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Big & beautiful. 5 yrs will integrate the red fruits, cinnamon & vanilla, but why wait? A #
- 08 Giovanni Almondo Bricco delle Ciliegie (Arneis): Peach, citrus & screamin' minerality. Could have more aromatic bang for the buck, tho. B #
- 06 Mettler 'Epicenter' Old Vine Zinfandel (Lodi): Too bad about the heat, 'cause the dense blackberry & cracked pepper totally rock. B- #
Powered by Twitter Tools
2 thoughts on “Weekly Twitter Wine Mini-Reviews Round-up for 2010-01-23”
I think I rode on blaaaaaazzzziiinng aaaaaccccciiiiiid once in college.
Comments are closed.