So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- NV Barbeito Ribeiro Real Sercial 20 Years Old (Madeira): Toasted, salted nuts; seawater; the confidence of Sean Connery's James Bond. $150 A >>find this wine<<
- 15 CVNE Compania Vinicola del Norte de Espana Monopole Blanco (Rioja): Making delicious over-achievement look embarrassingly easy. $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Terre de la Custodia Sagrantino di Montefalco (Umbria): Cherry, herbs, cigars, and an attitude that's currently as tough as nails. $39 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Buglioni Il Disperato Bianco delle Venezie (Venezie): It's only desperate to deliver delight, which it needn't be, because it does $16 B >>find this wine<<
- 15 Luigi Bosca A Rose is a Rose is a Rose Rose (Mendoza): Well, apparently a Rose is also a delight is a delight is a delight. $21 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Magistrate Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve (Alexander Valley): A Reserve, perhaps, but a Reserve that's not reserved in any way. $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Donum Estate Grown Russian River Valley Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Cutting a tall, dark, and absolutely strapping figure. $72 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Bonny Doon Mt. Oso Vineyard Il Ciliegiolo Rosato (Tracy Hills): Love barely-ripe cherries right off the tree? Line up for this one $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Bonny Doon Vineyard Vin Gris Tuile (Central Coast): A high-quality rose sipper fit for Bizarro Superman; offbeat fans will dig it. $26 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Bodega Garzon Sauvignon Blanc (Uruguay): Cleeeeeeeean as a whistle! And that whistle is made of lemon grass and starfruit, btw. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
2 thoughts on “Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For May 2, 2016”
What great suggestions! I am always looking for new wines to try.
Comments are closed.