- 06 Veramonte “Primus” (Colchagua):JAM on it. JAM on it. I said jam-j-j-JAM on it. Wikki-wikki-wikki-wikki. The beat is fresh y’all! #
- 07 Golden Kaan Shiraz (W. Cape, SA): Fat red fruit & tons of pepper, and light on the $ – seems tailored made for a long-weekend barbecue. #
- 06 Heron Hill eclipse (NY): VG blend of Chard, PB & PG. Melon, citrus & just the right amount of oak, which in this is case is not too much! #
- 07 Waters Crest Night Watch Late Harvest (LI): Cloyingly sweet, but the acidity is rockin’ like Dokken. Might even toss some cake at it… #
- 08 Alamos Torrontes (Catena): For the price, this wine kicks complete ass. Pineapple & peach, crisp finish… and the nose is *killer*… #
- 05 Paumanok Petit Verdot (LI): Stellar vintage a very tasty result. Ripe dark cherry, leather, and spice. Saddle up & ride ’em with pride! #
Powered by Twitter Tools.
4 thoughts on “Weekly Twitter Wine Mini-Reviews Round-up for 2009-05-30”
Couldn't agree with you more about the 08 Alamos Torrontes. This wine is pretty awesome and offers a lot of bang for the buck! Have you tried the 2007 Inca Torrontes / Chardonnay yet? Now this wine kicks some serious ass! And the best part is that it costs less than $10…cha-ching!
Not yet – but based on your recco, I'll have to see if I can find it here in the great Communist-wealth of Pennsylvania!
Occasionally have a glass or two of the "primus." MY son serves it as a bar pour at his Lounge.
I could have never described it like you did, Best description I ever saw of any wine. I will now
be always on the look out for wikki-wikki-wikki-wikki wines.
Comments are closed.