So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Pebblestone Cellars Ellis Vineyards Block 9 Viognier (Rogue Valley): Floral, fruity, fresh, flamboyant, fun, fine, & flirtatious. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Cowhorn Vineyards Spiral 36 White (Applegate Valley): Honey-dipped tropical fruits, crisp in attitude & searching for fine cheeses $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 The Pines 1852 Syrah (Columbia Gorge): Gamey meat done up right on an iron skillet, with pinches of wood, freshness & character. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Viento Annala Vineyard Pinot Noir (Columbia Gorge): Rosy, peppery & pretty; what it lacks in oomph, it makes up for in character. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Viento Riesling (Columbia Gorge): Petrol & pears, limes & litheness, nuts & no-nonsense, lovely & long; a beauty & a bargain. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Phelps Creek Vineyards Cuvee Alexandrine Pinot Noir (Columbia Gorge): Quite fond of rose-hips, smoke, leather & its own sexiness. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Phelps Creek Sauvignon Blanc (Columbia Gorge): The Gorge does its best NZ impersonation, & it's a darn fleshy & entertaining one. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Joseph Drouhin Gevery-Chambertin Premier Cru Champeaux (Gevery-Chambertin): Crazy pretty, but hiding its true feelings for now. $75 A >>find this wine<<
- 11 Talley Vineyards Rincon Vineyard Pinot Noir (Arroyo Grande Valley): Cocoa, tea & leather, served up with grip, poise & attitude. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Jean-Marc Brocard Bougros Chablis Grand Cru (Chablis): Unquestionably low octane & unquestionably gorgeous as it drives off slowly $58 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Brandl Heiligenstein Erste Lage Reserve Riesling (Kamptal): Reserve it for yourself if you happen to have thirsty dinner guests. $34 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Tanner Dafoe Rogue's Blend (Santa Ynez Valley): A rogue it may be, but this rogue is practically Errol Flynn levels of dashing. $75 A- >>find this wine<<