So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 Alpha Box And Dice Mistress (South Australia): Spicy and floral, but they're just no match for the meaty balsamic, plums and herbs. $30 B >>find this wine<<
- 07 Alpha Box And Dice Blood Of Jupiter (Mclaren Vale): Tasty, savory blood, at that; might want to watch the cholesterol intake, tho. $35 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Route Du Van Dolcetto Shiraz (Victoria): Violets, orange peel, verve, with an abandant and alarmingly engaging sense of humor. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Adelina Shiraz (Clare Valley): Tense like a poker championship, fresh red berries playing a winning hand against savory balsamic. $50 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Dandelion Vineyards Lionheart Of The Barossa Shiraz (Barossa Valley): Greenish but grrrrreat; the finish roars loudly and long. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Jamsheed Healesville Vineyard Shiraz (Yarra Valley): Lightly poised, with a demanding intellect, will hurl gravel stones if angry. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 First Drop Mothers Ruin Cabernet Sauvignon (Mclaren Vale): Mama really likes her fruit to be on the ripe, fresh and juicy side. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Dandelion Vineyards Pride Of The Fleurieu Cabernet Sauvignon (Fleurieu Peninsula): Stewed plums and toast, with a balsamic drizzle. $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Pyren Broken Quartz Cabernet Sauvignon (Pyrenees): Fresh enough to almost cross the line, sexy enough to hold back just enough. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Rusden Christines Vineyard Grenache (Barossa Valley): The Q is not if it's excellent but if you have the patience to understand it $36 B+ >>find this wine<<
2 thoughts on “Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For April 8, 2013”
Hi Joe! Met you last year in Portland at WBC '13. My friend David Mayfield Selections just brought wine from Uruguay to Austin! We sampled them in our class when we both took the Adv. WSET. Enjoyed theTannat and Bordeaux – style wines i
Hi Lisa! I definitely remember! Hope all’s well. In heading to Uruguay later this week, hopefully there will be more coverage of the region coming here soon. Stay tuned!
Comments are closed.