So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Le Macchiole Paleo Rosso (Toscana): Runway model levels of long-legged, confident sexiness trapped inside a 750ml glass bottle. $100 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Martin Ray Coast Grade Vineyard Pinot Noir (Santa Cruz Mountains): "You know what live & direct means? It means live & direct!" $42 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Dierberg Drum Canyon Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sta. Rita Hills): Happy to lay itself out & comfortably lounge around across your tongue $52 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Senda Verde Godello (Bierzo): Finding it hard to make up its conflicted mind about growing up chalky, or growing up refreshing. $12 B- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Domaine Marcel Giraudon Bourgogne Aligote (Burgundy): Will make you want to take an all-day fishing trip with it in a warm locale. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 15 Domaine Beausejour Les Grenettes Sauvignon Blanc (Touraine): Refreshingly simple, simply refreshing, &, well, that's all she wrote. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 14 Thomas Pico Domaine Pattes Loup Butteaux Chablis Premier Cru (Chablis): This racy wolf had me howling – when the bottle emptied. $42 A- >>find this wine<<
- 08 Gustave Lorentz Riesling Grand Cru Altenberg de Bergheim (Alsace): Complex, subtle, & w/ length that alone is worth the admission. $61 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Schlumberger Riesling Grand Cru Saering (Alsace): This Saering is downright searing, in a good way; don't attempt without food. $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Alcance Bravura (Valle del Maipo): Courage is a good title for this fearlessly bold, nutty, dark-fruited lion of a Cabernet. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
2 thoughts on “Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For September 19, 2016”
Yesssss! Reviews like this help me so much! thank you
Comments are closed.