So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Domaine Bruno Hertz Riesling Rangen de Thann Hospices de Strasbourg (Alsace): Turpentine & flint that are magically drinkable. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Domaine Maurice Schoech Harmonie R Rangen de Thann (Alsace Grand Cru): The color of lemon rind, the headiness of lemon blossoms. $52 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Gundlach Bundschu Vintage Reserve (Sonoma Valley): A little Cab Franc – & a lot of opulent cocoa – can go a loooooong way, folks. $125 A >>find this wine<<
- 14 Cadaretta Southwind Cabernet Sauvignon (Walla Walla): Bring a high tolerance for wood spice, & lots of patience. But worth it. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 Rain Dance Vineyards Nicholas Vineyard Estate Riesling (Chehalem Mountains): The apple-limes answer to your Thai dinner question. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- Domaine Papagiannakos Skin Contact Savatiano Vareli (Markopoulo): Probably how all Retsina-bound grapes really ought to be made. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 Olianas Vermentino (Sardegna): Enough hint of a sea breeze to make you contemplate moving permanently to a Mediterranean island. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Vivanco Seleccion de Familia Reserva (Rioja): Aptly named, as there’s a lot of life left to live here; the familia has good taste. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Neyen Espiritu de Apalta (Apalta Valley): Soft, silky, and smooth almost to a hedonistic fault; the operative word being Almost. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Ritual Sauvignon Blanc (Casablanca Valley): This one is punching above the welterweight class with complexity & balance 1-2 combo. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<