Uhm, like what is this stuff?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be fun, quickly-and-easily-digestible reviews. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 08 Domaine Brana Ohtiza Rouge (Irouléguy): Like a classic muscle car; brutish, powerful, graceful, surprising & fun all at once. $26 B >>find this wine>>
- 05 Clos Fardet Cuvee Moutoue Fardet (Madiran): Tangy, savory, bracing red that eventually opens up in the glass (after an eternity). $27 B- >>find this wine>>
- 08 Chateau Bellevue La Foret Ce Vin (Fronton): Pretty, serious, not pretty serious nor seriously pretty, but pretty food-worthy. $11 B- >>find this wine>>
- 08 Domaine des Terrisses (Gaillac): Violets, pepper, savory meat & dark berries all dancing to some slightly out-of-tune funk. $27 C+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Domaine du Cros Lo Sang del Pais (Marcillac): Savory, peppery, rustic & compelling. Will have U wishing for a burger within reach. $12 B- >>find this wine>>
- 08 Château Montus Blanc (Pacherenc du Vic Bilh): Most oaked white wines really ought to be more like this unctuous, vibrant beauty. $27 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Colombelle L’Original Rouge (Cotes de Gascogne): Proof positive that rough-and-tumble Tannat actually has a bit of a soft side. $10 B- >>find this wine>>
- 10 Colombelle L’Original Blanc (Cotes de Gascogne): Screaming acidity, screaming herbs, screaming citrus, & a screaming bargain. $10 B- >>find this wine>>
- 08 Chateau d’Esclans Rose (Cotes de Provence): You’re being served rose petal & oak stave, but the server is pretty damn sexy. $35 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Domaine Rimbert Les Travers de Marceau (Saint Chinian): There’s spicy cooking happening *somewhere* in that brambly forest… $13 B- >>find this wine>>
- 06 Domaine des 2 Anes Fontanilles (Corbières): And on that barn they had some (tangy but very barnyardy) wine, ee-i-ee-i-ohhhh. $13 C+ >>find this wine>>