So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Azienda Agraria Scacciadiavoli Montefalco Rosso (Montefalco): Spreading out its fleshy influence, & maybe reaching a tad too far. $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Il Mosnel Brut Saten (Franciacorta): That is, indeed, brisk, baby. And it'll classy-up your Summertime porch drinking, too. $21 B >>find this wine<<
- NV Villa Crespia Muratori Brolese Extra Brut Rose (Franciacorta): Putting on a short clinic on how texture for dry bubbly ought to be $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Elk Cove Vineyards Estate Riesling (Willamette Valley): Floral, and for sure considering itself full of fortunate fabulous-ness. $19 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 La Chablisienne Fourchaume Chablis Premier Cru (Chablis): White flowers & ripe peaches that are punching above their weight class. $36 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Domaine Bernard Defaix Cote de Lechet Chablis Premier Cru (Chablis): Chewy stone fruits, themselves chewing on some gun-flint. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Albert Bichot Domaine Long-Depaquit Chablis (Chablis): A soft start, perhaps, but then the yellow apples are off to the racy races $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Jean-Marc Brocard Domaine Sainte Claire Petit Chablis (Chablis): Pucker up for this pithy lemon drop of a pretty, petite Petit. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Corkscrew Clary Ranch Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Sometimes favoring boldness over subtlety can be more a virtue than a vice. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 08 Corkscrew Syrah (Sonoma Coast): Suit up, lad, for we are hunting strong, big game elk in fields of wild raspberries & blackberries $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
2 thoughts on “Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For June 15, 2015”
Sometimes your poetic descriptions are spot-on, i.e. 08 Corkscrew Syrah.
Comments are closed.