So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Howell Mountain Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon (Howell Mountain): The old brawler had a soft spot for complex poetry; who knew? $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Howell Mountain Vineyards Old Vine Zinfandel (Howell Mountain): All cards are on the table; some are tarot cards w/ dark portents. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Gloria Ferrer Blanc de Blancs (Carneros): Yellow apple verve makes up for brashly youthful exuberance of overly aggressive bubbles $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 06 Mont-Ferrant CR20 Grand Reserva Extra Brut (Cava): As if that mousy girl in Accounting is actually a superhero in her spare time. $30 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Mont-Ferrant Brut Rose (Cava): Trying to pack up the entire orchard – sour red apples, dirt & all – into the basket for take-out. $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Fulcrum Gap's Crown Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Sage brushes, painting in pretty pastels with sweet red berry pigments. $57 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Fulcrum Brosseau Vineyard Pinot Noir (Chalone): Saluting Pommard w/ 1 hand, flicking it a playful, competitive bird w/ the other. $54 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Fulcrum Anderson Valley Pinot Noir (Anderson Valley): Brandishing herb sprigs & berry twigs like miniature kung fu weaponry. $54 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Fulcrum On Point Christinna's Cuvee Pinot Noir (Anderson Valley): Earth, funk, spice & grit; think twice before messing with it. $36 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Tenuta Col d'Orcia Brunello di Montalcino (Brunello di Montalcino): A Bruno that favors coy whispering over powerful shouting. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<