So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 08 Klein Constantia Vin de Constance (Constantia): If Greek gods invited Chuck Norris to breakfast, this would be their marmalade. $90 A >>find this wine<<
- 11 Klein Constantia Estate Red (Constantia): Ornately adorned, but not going all gaudy Rococo on us, either; still sleeping for now. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Klein Constantia Perdeblokke Sauvignon Blanc (Constantia): Farm-fresh veggies skipping flint stones off clear, saline seashores. $25 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Klein Constantia Sauvignon Blanc (Constantia): A leisurely & spritely stroll through the produce section of the Aisles of Plenty. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Klein Constantia Riesling (Constantia): The pithy, citric, textural & mineral wine equivalent to a geek-out Star Trek convention. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 La Motte Pierneef Shiraz Grenache (South Africa): Leather-clad, light-on-feet dancing waiter holding trays of spicy beef tartare. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 La Motte Pierneef Shiraz Viognier (Walker Bay/Franschhoek): Serious, peppery, straight-man Shiraz & flamboyant Viognier buddy flik $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 La Motte Classic Collection Chardonnay (Franschhoek): Lithe, sweet peach & cream that delivers a hurts-so-good crisp neck bite. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 La Motte Sauvignon Blanc (Coastal Region): Goosed by the gooseberry, but then let down soft & easy on creamy mouthfeel pillows. $16 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Laetitia La Colline Pinot Noir (Arroyo Grande Valley): Breezes into the room, feminine, looking good & making it look effortless. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Laetitia La Coupelle Pinot Noir (Arroyo Grande Valley): Soulful & rich, tough & tender; Teddy Pendergrass singing "Close The Door" $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Laetitia Les Galets Pinot Noir (Arroyo Grande Valley): Herbal, energetic, but also silky & seductive; c'mon, make up your mind! $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Laetitia Reserve du Domaine Pinot Noir (Arroyo Grande Valley): Funky-earthy-peppery-sexy-cool, & all that with a cork on top. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
2 thoughts on “Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For December 2, 2013”
I love your tasting notes about 08 Vin de Constance…
Check out our new article
The Great Men and their favourite Wine (I did'nt mentioned that Napoleon was a big fan of Vin de Constance ;) )
Comments are closed.