So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Ventana Estate Pinot Noir (Arroyo Seco): Herbal to start, supple to end, but it's punching just a tad below its weight class. $30 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Clayhouse Vineyard Red Cedar Vineyard Syrah (Paso Robles): Ultimately, it's all about juicy fun, and it's ready to roll right now. $14 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Middleton Family Wines Inconceivable Queen of Tides Chardonnay (Santa Maria Valley): Worth conceiving a sip of its toasty elegance $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Gary Farrell Russian River Selection Pinot Noir (Sonoma County): Like the independent art house film that totally beguiled you. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 De Morgenzon Reserve Chenin Blanc (Stellenbosch): A study in pleasing contradictions, just like its gorgeous place of birth. $39 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Blandys Alvada Rich 5 Year Old Madeira (Madeira): Not entirely sure of its nutty, vibrant self; but it has little to worry about. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Keenan Spring Mountain District Cabernet Franc (Napa Valley): Open, wait for funk to blow off, then indulge in deliciousness. $68 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV La Valle Primum Brut (Franciacorta): By Jove! I say, good man, be a good sport & hurry up & toast the almonds! Toast the almonds! $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Wente Louis Mel Sauvignon Blanc (Livermore Valley – San Francisco Bay): Fun – & deceptively gulp-able – guava and melon grass. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Crooked Vine Winery Cabernet Sauvignon (Livermore Valley): Peel away those ripe plums, & smiling, tart red fruits will greet you. $42 B+ >>find this wine<<