So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Olivier Leflaive Bourgogne Blanc Les Setilles (Burgundy): Sexy citrus fruit, dancing joyfully to the rave while in steel cages. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Mounts Family Winery Grenache (Dry Creek Valley): Delicate on top, brooding underneath, and cloaked in leather and smokiness. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Mounts Family Winery Zinfandel (Dry Creek Valley): Big & brambly, but by no means lacking in seriousness; or probably in longevity $30 A- >>find this wine<<
- 08 Teldeschi Estate Zinfandel (Dry Creek Valley): A cool character, weathering wilting heat with vibrancy, and pure rustic grit. $36 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Mounts Family Winery Cabernet Franc (Dry Creek Valley): Dear chest, please prepare yourself for growing some more hair after this. $42 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 06 Teldeschi Terraluna (Dry Creek Valley): Still holding onto the doorknob with two tight, spicy, dark-fruited & rustic fists. $60 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 J Vineyards Pinot Gris (California): If consistency is a virtue, then this tropical crowd-pleaser is looking downright saintly. $16 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Clayhouse Wines Red Cedar Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Paso Robles): Cherries, wrapped in cloves, dipped in vanilla, quickly eaten. $14 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Donnafugata Chiaranda Contessa Entellina Chardonnay (Contessa Entellina): Channeling Gwen Stefani; funky, talented, & gorgeous. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Tin Barn Coryelle Fields Vineyard Syrah (Sonoma Coast): Dark depths are being dredged, churning up savory, meaty, salty goodness. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Tin Barn Ricci Vineyard Pinot Noir (Carneros): Offering a relatively long stroll through the aisles at the local butcher shop. $34 B >>find this wine<<