So, like what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 The Winery At Holy Cross Abbey Cabernet Franc (CO): Bigger than the CO mountain skyline & w/ that anise, damn nearly as pretty. $23 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 11 Infinite Monkey Theorem Riesling (Colorado): finite amounts of flowers, citrus & stony fruits, but all of them are pretty damn good $16 B >>find this wine>>
- 09 Septembre Cellars Chardonnay (Grand Valley): Attention to detail pays off; this case in loveliness, balance & appetite-generation $25 B >>find this wine>>
- 09 Ruby Trust Cellars Gun Slinger (Grand Valley): Not shy about slinging ripe red & black Syrah fruit your way, & at high velocities. $25 B >>find this wine>>
- 09 Ruby Trust Cellars The Smuggler (Grand Valley): Drop-kick to the face of peppery red fruited goodness (hurts, but hurts good). $25 B >>find this wine>>
- 11 Guy Drew Vineyards Pinot Gris (Colorado): "Stunning achievement" come to mind; will be even more stunning if he can do it again. $16 A- >>find this wine>>
- 11 Grande River Vineyards Viognier (Grand Valley): Crisp as that mountain stream that Coors likes to brag about (& more minerally too) $16 B >>find this wine>>