Uhm, like what is this stuff?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be fun, quickly-and-easily-digestible reviews. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 06 Castello di Volpaia Balifico (Toscana): Very dark, very young, more than a little moody, but full of rustic charm (& potential). €29 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 07 Castello di Volpaia Chianti Classico Riserva (Chianti Classico): Tangy, black-fruited balance between the Old & New Chianti worlds €19 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 08 Castello di Volpaia Chianti Classico (Chianti Classico): Bright cherry Ferrari w/ leather seats speeding thru the green countryside €12 B >>find this wine>>
- 10 Castello di Volpaia Bianco di Volpaia (Toscana): Citrus, pear, yellow apple, flowers & a desperate need for pecorino and ham. €8 B- >>find this wine>>
- 05 Castelvecchio Vigna La Quercia Riserva (Chianti Colli Fiorentini): All things dried (fruit/herbs) but might be yer slice of the pie €13 B >>find this wine>>
- 10 Calo Giordano Grillo (Sicilia): A bit of lemon, a touch of lychee, & a whole lot of simple refreshingness to love. €7 B- >>find this wine>>
- 05 Taylor Fladgate Late Bottled Vintage Port (Porto): Say, have you met Vintage’s refined but fruity/peppery & feisty little sister? $22 B >>find this wine>>
- 07 Cliff Lede Poetry Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Fans of the hedonistically opulent might feel that they’ve found their Mecca. $150 A >>find this wine>>