Uhm, like what is this stuff?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be fun, quickly-and-easily-digestible reviews. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 08 Calluna Vineyards Cuvee Red (Chalk Hill): Ah, the deep dark cherry & licorice. But things are a little bit hot down in those depths $27 B >>find this wine>>
- 09 Steininger Gruner Veltliner Grand Gru (Kamptal): Hefty! Give it time & the spice & veggies will peep out from behind those pears. $24 B >>find this wine>>
- 99 Ratzenberger Bacharacher Wolfshohle Riesling Spatlese (Mittelrhein): Orange, honey, more vinyl than a 70s sofa & a heck of a value $29 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 03 Chateau Lagrange (Saint Julien): Black cherry, blackberry, black earth, and definitely not quite enough time in the bottle yet. $40 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 08 Wild Horse Unbridled Bien Nacido Vineyard Chardonnay (Santa Maria Valley): Well, helloooo there, you’re a cheeky thing, aren’t you? $24 B >>find this wine>>
- 08 Chateau Tanuda Noble Baron Shiraz (Barossa): So much blackcurrant & potential age-worthiness it could be Cab. Miss the pepper, tho $50 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 08 Draconis Zinfandel Lodi “French Oak” (Lodi): Wickedly complex, spicy side of Zin. Should keep hedonists happy for several years. $28 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Martin & Weyrich Moscato Allegro (CA): Honey, flowers & a flirty streak; in this case, flirting w/ (but happily avoiding!) cloying $12 B- >>find this wine>>
- 09 Concannon Selected Vineyards Pinot Noir (Central Coast): Solid red berry performer but I’d trade in the 2nd round for a higher pick $9 C+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Dry Creek Vineyard Fumé Blanc (Sonoma County): Patience, grasshopper, the grapefruit will arrive… & you’ll be glad when it does. $12 B >>find this wine>>
- 07 Laumann Family Estate Cambiata Tannat (Monterey): Flowers, spices, plum, anise, chest-hair-inducing tannins & a whole lot to love. $28 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 07 Bonny Doon Vineyard DEWN Bien Nacido Syrah (Santa Maria Valley): Savory peppery red/blue fruits to savor & pepper your taste buds. $40 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Pascal Jolivet Attitude Sauvignon Blanc (Loire): Starts shy, but gets on a mineral-driven, lemony gabby streak once it gets going. $16 B >>find this wine>>