So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Klipfel Gewurztraminer Kirchberg de Barr Clos Zisser (Alsace): Spice, honey, salt, flowers, stone fruits, all of them swoon-worthy $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Domaines Schlumberger Les Princes Abbes Pinot Gris (Alsace): Think melons, only with texture that's roughly 300X more interesting. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Domaines Schlumberger Les Princes Abbes Pinot Blanc (Alsace): A lot of tropical clarity for not a lot of your hard-earned shells. $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 98 Emile Boeckel Chardonnay Extra Brut (Cremant d'Alsace): Gorgeously stunning; an artisinal bakery next to a high-end oyster bar. $NA A >>find this wine<<
- 14 Domaine Marcel Deiss Langenberg (Alsace): Where salt & sultana meet near the Vosges, you'll find a killer value in white elegance. $35 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Mt. Beautiful Pinot Noir (North Canterbury): Ans so witness a shining rising star well on its ascendant path in the Southern sky. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Philippe Gonet Blanc de Blancs Brut Signature (Champagne): The only things that go down any easier are probably air and water. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 Troon Blue Vermentino Cuvee Rolle (Applegate Valley): Playing in true blue fashion to the vibrant, intriguing Vermentino tune. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Rain Dance Vineyards Nicholas Vineyard Estate Chardonnay (Chehalem Mountains): Another zesty, generous example of OR Chard pride. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Grgich Hills Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Violets, & pretty much all the other colors of the gorgeous Napa Cab rainbow $72 A- >>find this wine<<
2 thoughts on “Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For October 9, 2017”
I read your weekly wine reviews with interest and I’ve been wondering if you ever compile a list of “Best Wines” or “”Best Bargains”. Keep tasting!
Thanks, Steve, I really appreciate it!
I don’t do best of or bargain roundups, but at the end of each year I do a Most Interesting Wines roundup.
Comments are closed.