So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Leitz Rudesheimer Berg Schlossberg Riesling Trocken (Rheingau): Sometimes, delicious is just delicious & that's all there is to it $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Lavau Rasteau (Rasteau): It's world is a mystery of dark plummy fruit, spice, iron, and blood; oh, yeah, & over-achievement, too. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Murdoch James Estate Pinot Noir (Martinborough): Savory enough that you'll wanna shoot a deer in the park & then light the grill. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Hidalgo Faraon Oloroso Sherry (Jerez): Success! Mashing up posed class and deliciousness into one eminently drinkable package. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Ferarri-Carano Tresor Red (Sonoma County): Conducting itself as fruitfully it pleases, without a single trace of inhibitions. $52 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Ferrari-Carano Fume Blanc (Sonoma County): You said she's wood-aged? That's funny, she doesn't really *look* wood-aged to me… $16 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Ferrari-Carano Prevail Back Forty Cabernet Sauvignon (Alexander Valley): …I'm soooo sexehhhhhhh it huuuurrrrtzzzzzz…! $90 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Wakefield Jaraman Cabernet Sauvignon (Clare Valley, Coonawarra): There's a Jaramaaan waiting in the skyyy with mint & sweet plums. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 M. Chapoutier Monier de la Sizeranne Hermitage (Hermitage): Give it some time for its sinewy shoulders to fit into that oak shirt $125 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Ricci Curbastro Franciacorta Brut Saten (Franciacorta): Like washing down your party's fine hors d'oeuvres with fine silk. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<