So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 Palivou Vineyards Vissino Dry Rose (Nemea): Dark of color, dark berry of flavor; you are gonna want some cheese, and a lot of it. $NA B >>find this wine<<
- NV Ruffino Sparkling Rose (Italy): Sooo easy to drink. Sooo moderately priced. Sooooooo short on the finish, you might get whipliash. $15 B- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Binomio Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Riserva (Abruzzo): Ripe, taught, spicy and intense; so… grilled-and-rubbed lamb chops, anyone? $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 La Scolca Black Label-Etichetta Nera Secco (Gavi dei Gavi): Probably misunderstood, but most definitely refreshingly delicious. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Trinity Hill Hawkes Bay Pinot Noir (New Zealand): Juicy, fresh, & impeccably friendly, but decides to bail on the shindig too soon. $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 15 Stonecroft Gimblett Gravels Crofters Syrah (Hawkes Bay): Unapologetic about its penchant for pouring on the black pepper spices. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 14 Amici Cellars Russian River Valley Pinot Noir (Sonoma County): Starts so, so well that you'll forgive the quick exit that it makes $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Anaba Landa Vineyard Viognier (Sonoma Valley): Sultry but also serious, there's an enticing siren song being called out here. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Trefethen Oak Knoll District Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Some presentations are called "classic" for very, very good reasons $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Bodega Vistalba Corte B (Mendoza): Brawniness that comes with more than a bit of braininess; but still, best attempted with steak. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<