So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 04 Claude Cazals Clos Cazals Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru Extra Brut (Champagne): Kind of like drinking a high-end lemon meringue pie. $85 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Marques de Riscal Baron de Chirel Reserva (Rioja): You'll be smoking the funky stuff, but there's little doubt it's the good shizz. $76 A >>find this wine<<
- 14 Bodegas Terras Gauda Albarino (Rias Baixas): To be invited to your next Summer picnic, provided that Thai take-out is on the menu. $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Occasio Telos (Livermore Valley): A juicy, exciting Plums and Herbs parade that's enticingly tasty all the way from entry to exit. $39 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Las Positas Vineyards Coccineous (Livermore Valley): The name means scarlet; & frankly, my dear, you will actually give a damn. $36 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Murrieta's Well The Spur (Livermore Valley): Dark, chewy, & just about pegging the red on the crowd-pleasing yumminess meter. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Gary Farrell Olivet Lane Vineyard Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Generously tropical, & glowing with electrified energy. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Gary Farrell Hallberg Vineyard Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Balancing the scales btw. savory & fruity, w/ uncanny precision. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Pahlmeyer Jayson Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): You have Dark Chocolate Covered Everything? That sounds good, I'll have that. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Concha y Toro Terrunyo Block 27 Peumo Carmenere (Cachapoal Valley): Black fruits dance with peppers, both the veggie & spicy kind. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<