So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Darms Lane Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Takes big steps & leaves big footprints, but there's grace to be found in the stride $39 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Vranken Demoiselle Brut Rose (Champagne): Raspberries, rose petals, red cherries, & just a teeeeeeeeny bit shy of rapture. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Le Brun de Neuville Brut (Champagne): Only in Champers can one combine clay, chalk, butter, apples & toast and make it all ok. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Nomine-Renard Brut (Champagne): Afternoon snack idea; bruised red apple spread, applied to toast, side of bread and lemon peel. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Wood Family Vineyards Grenache (Livermore Valley): Lovely color introduces a lovely sipper; spicy, poignant, and powerful. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Robert Mondavi Winery To Kalon Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve (Napa Valley): Lush, brooding, muscular, & above all, stunning. $155 A >>find this wine<<
- 13 Robert Mondavi Winery Fume Blanc Reserve (Napa Valley): This big & yet this good; you'll shake your head, but will lift your glass $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Verite La Joie (Sonoma County): Complex, tense, & dark; much to love, but you'll need to like things at least a little bit dirty. $375 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Verite La Muse (Sonoma County): Never stops giving, opulently; like someone took your mouth on an all-expenses paid luxury holiday $390 A >>find this wine<<
- 10 Verite Le Desir (Sonoma County): Dusty, explosive, gritty poetry in motion; Mad Max Fury Road, only in concentrated liquid form. $390 A >>find this wine<<