So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Domaine Gerard Millet Sancerre Rose (Sancerre): Days of wine & roses, in this case mostly roses, & elegant, pithy ones at that. $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Vitiano Verdicchio Vermentino (Umbria): Add "vivacious" and "vibrant" to the list of Vs in this series of vinous consonance. $11 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Mauricio Lorca Angel's Reserve Torrontes (La Rioja): The angels reserved a massive bouquet of fragrant white flowers, apparently. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Zenato Amarone Classico (Amarone della Valpolicella): Flexing into a complicated, terse, & glossy Mr. Universe competition pose. $70 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Merryvale Profile (Napa Valley): Why am I daydreaming about everything being constructed from extremely expensive, high-end silk? $165 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Old York Cellars Syrah (New Jersey): The toast is aggressive and thickly solid, but so is the earthiness, and so is the effort. $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Domaine Bousquet Malbec Cabernet Sauvignon Rose (Tupungato Valley): If you can get past bouts of sweet talk, it's enjoyable company $12 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Paul Jaboulet Parallele 45 Rose (Cotes du Rhone): The wheels on the red berries – & surprisingly, the finish – go 'round & 'round. $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Domaine Zinck Brut (Cremant d'Alsace): Low on complexity; very high on lively-drink-for-the-deck-watching-a-sunset deliciousness. $22 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Lioco Saveria Vineyard Pinot Noir (Santa Cruz Mountains): So, we just stumbled into the potpourri section of the department store. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Lioco Estero Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Me gusto, with gusto; creamy, lithe, versatile & cozy like your fave comfort food. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<