So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Stonestreet Gravel Bench Chardonnay (Alexander Valley): Lots of rock under all that cream but you'd best bring your wood tolerance $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Continuum Red (Napa Valley): All estate, and all about flaunting it; because, deep down, it just *knows* that it has it… $200 A >>find this wine<<
- 13 DeLille Cellars Chaleur Estate Blanc (Columbia Valley): Seems this unctuous beauty keeps getting prettier, because, well it does. $42 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Monte Rossa Cabochon Brut (Franciacorta): A hearty, aggressive toast, made to apple-and-brioche toastiness – and tastiness. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Broadley Vineyards Estate Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Broadly speaking, this is a sweet spot between sweet fruit & perkiness. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Syncline Gruner Veltliner (Columbia Gorge): Capable of respectfully flipping you the middle finger, if it deems it necessary. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Merryvale Starmont Pinot Noir (Carneros): Small it is not, but vibrant and tasty it is, and may be interested in your next picnic. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 CUNE Monopole (Rioja): You thought you were getting a more elegant Spanish white for this price? Dude, what is wrong with you? $12 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Bonny Doon Vin Gris de Cigare (Central Coast): Lovely, lovely, lovely, lovely, lovely, lovely, lovely, lovely, lovely, lovely… $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Bonny Doon Bien Nacido Syrah X-Block (Santa Maria Valley): When you're this light on your feet & carefree it becomes infectious. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
2 thoughts on “Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For July 6, 2015”
Only $12 for a B+? Well, that’s not too bad. Then again, only $18 for “lovely lovely lovely lovely lovely”, perhaps I should “splurge” and spend the extra $6 :)
Audrey – yeah, either way you’re in good shape :-)
Comments are closed.