So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Flora Springs Trilogy (Napa Valley): Red fruits that smoke a bit too much, but you ought to respect their fist-in-glove structure. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Flora Springs Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Black fruit chewing on tomato leaves & herbs & daring you to do something about it $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Flora Springs Merlot (Napa Valley): Herbal tartness straining a bit under the weight of the sweet, woody burden it must carry. $35 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Flora Springs Barrel Fermented Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Enclosed all around by toasted wood, but there's life in that coffin yet. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Flora Springs Soliloquy Vineyard Oakville Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley): The flora here is almost exclusively tropical in nature. $25 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Monteverro Tinata Rosso (Toscana): Slyly saves most of it's heavy hitting for a long stretch of body blows at the bout's end. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Poggiotondo Bianco (Toscana): Vibrant white to beat the house wine; just don't place a bet on it to beat the house substantially. $12 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Clarbec Greggarious Vineyard Chardonnay (Carneros): Not quite shouldering the topically boozy burden; but they're on to something. $30 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Artezin Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel (Sonoma County): Jangling boots & liberally tossing pepper, allspice & black fruit confetti. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Artezin Mendocino County Zinfandel (Mendocino County): Just about busting out of its little jammy britches; but only **just**. $17 B >>find this wine<<