So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Pietro Beconcini Reciso Sangiovese (Toscana): Bring your penchant for deep, dark cherry fruits, cigars, & a whole lotta patience. $38 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Fattoria di Fibbiano L'Aspetto (Toscana): When you're ready for a juicy Tuscan red – & I mean the *real* stuff – it's waiting here $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Wakefield St Andrews Single Vineyard Release Riesling (Clare Valley): Lime petrol with enough energy to power a white dwarf star. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Chateau Montelena Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): An appropriate adult substitute for hot cocoa on a cold night. Just sayin'. $58 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Dutton Goldfield Deviate Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Excellence has a name. That name, in this case, is probably Ms. Spicy Richness. $72 A >>find this wine<<
- 14 Spell Russian River Valley Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Warmth, life, richness, texture, and flow… how much is this again? $39 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 La Jota Vineyard Co. Howell Mountain Merlot (Napa Valley): Rubbing mocha on ripe, plummy fruit. In the presence of some angels. $85 A >>find this wine<<
- 13 Mt. Brave Merlot (Mt. Veeder): Meaty, smokey, and savory enough to be its own set of organic, homegrown, gourmet pizza toppings. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Schramsberg Brut Rose (California): A young, sharp stone that will ease up after a couple of years of having the river run over it $44 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Domaine Chandon Rose (California): Bringing the following to the table – watermelon, cherries, strawberries, & a lotta versatility $24 B+ >>find this wine<<