So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Rockpile Pritchett Peaks Vineyard Zinfandel (Rockpile): Like a James Dean, young but full of intense, focused, brooding intent. $38 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Rockpile Jack's Cabin Vineyard Zinfandel (Rockpile): The dusty, smoky, mineral-laden Cab of Zins? Yeah, it's pretty much like that $38 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Rockpile Rockpile Ridge Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Rockpile): The kind of kick-ass focus you're only getting from good farming. $42 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 David Caffaro My Zin Zinfandel (Dry Creek Valley): Poised and complex, but certainly suffering no lack of rustic bravado, either. $32 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 David Caffaro Terre Melange (Dry Creek Valley): The word we're looking for here? Piquant; that finish pleasantly bites back. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Domaine Wardy Rose du Printemps (Bekka Valley): Cinsault & Syrah that are springing into serious – and downright earthy – life. $12 B >>find this wine<<
- 08 Donnafugata Contessa Entellina Mille e una Notte (Sicily): A torrid love affair of a red, beguiling, maddening, but never boring. $80 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Rocca Sveva Soave Classico (Soave Classico): And then there were apples. And flowers. And refreshment. And there was much rejoicing $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Ravines Dry Riesling (Finger Lakes): I want everybody in the house to know… I came here tonight to hear the limes go BOOM!!! $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Domaine Carneros The Famous Gate Pinot Noir (Carneros): The gate's rightfully famous; it's also made of – & rules with – iron rods $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 M. Chapoutier Banuyls (Banuyls): Do yourself a favor; have the chocolates – and the hangover remedies – ready well in advance. $27 B >>find this wine<<