So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Schild Estate Moorooroo Shiraz (Barossa Valley): You'll wanna drink it until the cows come home; it might just age that long, too. $100 A >>find this wine<<
- 15 Bird in Hand Nest Egg Chardonnay (Adelaide Hills): Adorned all over, but not weighted down by it,never really losing its balance. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 Donnafugata SurSur Grillo (Sicilia): Perfect for those Summer evenings during which you can hear the chirps of its namesake. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Fattoria I Veroni Chianti Rufina (Tuscany): Chewy, vibrant, delicious & seemingly tailored made for whenever gourmet pizza night is $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 15 Aia Vecchia Vermentino (Toscana): Easy to get your head & arms around, but requires a relatively large hug for you to do so. $13 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Abadia Retuerta Seleccion Especial (Vino de la Tierra de Castilla y Leon): Sporting ninja levels of focus, potency, & intrigue. $30 A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 Hacienda Lopez de Haro Blanco (Rioja): All you need is fun; all you need is fun; all you need is fun, fun, fun; fun is all you need. $9 B >>find this wine<<
- 16 Etude Grace Benoits Ranch Pinot Noir Rose (Carneros): Rose crafted from the ground up; & that's lucky – & textural – for us. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 Olianas Vermentino (Sardegna): Apparently, a little amphorae fermentation is good for the V, & in this case, for the soul, too. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Alessandro Rivetto Vigna Rionda Barolo (Serralunga d'Alba): Lifted like a kite, tight like a tourniquet, grippy like a glove. $145 A >>find this wine<<