So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Antica Terra Antikythera Pinot Noir (Oregon): The main protagonist is Intensity, supported by a cast of Spices, Tea, & Balsamic. $100 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Antica Terra Angelicall Rose (Eola-Amity Hills): A rose that's like a beautiful math equation, it demands your focus & attention. $75 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Antica Terra Aurata Chardonnay (Willamette Valley): Power, poise, persistence & powerful aromas. Only your wallet will protest. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Kramer Vineyards Celebrate Rose Of Pinot Noir (Yamhill-Carlton): Strawberries for days? Well, strawberries for days it is, then! $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Donnafugata Tancredi (Sicily): Picture the Everly Brothers singing "All I Have To Do Is Dream" but wearing leather & going glam. $44 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Alma Rosa Santa Barbara County Chardonnay (Santa Barbara County): Cream on the outside, lemon on the inside, drink it by a bayside $19 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Alma Rosa Sta. Rita Hills Pinot Noir (Sta. Rita Hills): My Pinot's big! I'm not ashamed. Big like a pickle, I'm still gettin' paid $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Faust Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): No devilish pacts to here, just crowd-pleasing amounts of rich, tart fruits tangy & herbs. $49 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Alexana Revana Vineyard Riesling (Dundee Hills): Wrapped taught in the high tension – and future promise – of youthful energies. $30 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Sanctuary Heintz Vineyard And Dutton Ranches Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): A sweetie-pie, but at heart she's a contrarian. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Sanctuary Bien Nacido Pinot Noir (Santa Maria Valley): Full of come-hither rhubarb, & will likely leave a sweet, lingering memory. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Claypool Cellars Sonoma Coast Pinot Nor (Sonoma Coast): Hard to argue with the elegant deliciousness of how this tastes right now $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 02 Cameron Hughes Lot 263 Tempranillo Gran Reserva (Ribera del Duero): Dry as the leather it harkens, but the ride sure is a long one $30 B+ >>find this wine<<