So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- NV H.M Borges Old Reserve 10 Years Old Verdelho (Madeira): Forcing dried tropical fruits on you; don't worry, you won't complain. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 La Mozza Aragone Maremma Toscana (Tuscany): Green herbs and uber-ripe fruit coming together like chocolate and peanut butter. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Tamiolakis Rhous White (Crete): Potent peach, prickly pear, and pure white flowers; if it's Spring, this needs to be in my mouth. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Besserat de Bellefon Cuvee des Moines Brut Rose (Champagne): Hark! And Behold! 'Tis the red berry tanginess that carries the day! $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Tournesol Napa Valley Proprietor's Blend (Napa Valley): You signed up for sultry, spicy sexiness, and that's exactly what you got. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Rocca Family Estate Collinetta Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Coombsville): Pretty much totally pegging the deliciousness scale. $108 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Cairdean Acquaintance Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Coombsville): Fans of hedonism will sure as sh*t want to make its acquaintance. $98 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Ehlers Estate Merlot (Napa Valley): Toasty, powerful, and densely-packed; an open full bottle won't stay that way for very long. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Carpene Malvolti Extra Dry Conegliano Valdobbiadene Prosecco (Prosecco di Conegliano): Wants to give you refreshment NOW, dammit! $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Paul Mas Coteaux du Languedoc Belluguette (Languedoc-Roussillon): Like 'em thick & fruity? The tropical side of this one delivers. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
2 thoughts on “Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For April 4, 2016”
Rocca family makes dope wine…spared no expense (the owner invented some kind of super important medical device) Their wines are exceptional.
Thomas – yeah, it’s been fun to watch their development these last few years.
Comments are closed.