Uhm, like what is this stuff?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be fun, quickly-and-easily-digestible reviews. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 08 Dry Creek Vineyard Heritage Zinfandel (Sonoma County): Like a Carl Perkins riff, it’s got elegance, tastiness, twang & power. $17 B >>find this wine>>
- 07 Just Joshin Tempranillo (Sierra Foothills): About as leathery, tangy & tasty a Temp as you’ll get in CA (& in the price range!). $15 B >>find this wine>>
- 06 Tejada Reserve (Lake County): Red-blooded Spaniard hanging out in a Southern smokehouse. A *very* smokey smokehouse, that is. $25 B >>find this wine>>
- 07 Dubost Tempranillo (Central Coast): Dark cherry is chewin’ tobacco & ridin’ that leather side-saddle (& a bit off-balance, too). $28 B >>find this wine>>
- 07 Three Rivers Winery Cabernet Sauvignon (Columbia Valley): Here’s yer dark fruit &…whoa who slipped that tangy cranberry in there? $20 B >>find this wine>>
- NV Sandeman 40 Year Tawny Port (Porto): The kind of after-dinner drink to hide from your guests & hoard totally for your greedy self. $129 A >>find this wine>>
- NV Sandeman 30 Year Tawny Port (Porto): Brooding caramelized & walnut-filled loveliness, but it will only reward the truly patient. $75 A- >>find this wine>>
- NV Sandeman 20 Year Tawny Port (Porto): Crowd-pleasing dried fruit & toasted nuts tailor-made for post-holiday-dinner fireside chats $46 B+ >>find this wine>>
- NV Sandeman 10 Year Tawny Port (Porto): Toffee & lovely peppery spice kind of running into each other in moments of temporary panic. $29 B >>find this wine>>
- 07 Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars Fay (Napa Valley): Sporting as many complex elements as that label’s stag has points on its antlers. $70 A- >>find this wine>>
- 08 Four Brix Winery Temptress (CA): Juicy Tempranillo from CA that actually tastes like Tempranillo? Hell, sign me up for that pronto! $28 B >>find this wine>>
- 08 Four Brix Winery Scosso (CA): Sangio’s racy cherry is there, but the sweet chocolate (& boozy power) might be too rich 4 your blood $35 B >>find this wine>>
2 thoughts on “Weekly Twitter Wine Mini Reviews Round-Up For November 19, 2011”
"Like a Carl Perkins riff"…brilliant :)
Thanks – I'd say you have a low bar for measuring brilliance, but I do appreciate the positive vibes! ;-)
Comments are closed.