- 08 Black Box Malbec (Mendoza): Quite a feat to pack that much blueberry & tobacco spice in that lil' box. A bargain at <$7/bottle. $25 3L B- #
- 09 Heinz Eifel "Shine" Riesling (Pfalz): What it lacks in balance it makes up for in peaches, limes & (for sure) price. For spicy food $10 B #
- 09 Heinz Eifel Riesling Kabinett (Mosel): While planting honey blossoms, you ate a ripe apple & finished it all off with a lemon candy $12 B #
- 09 Heinz Eifel Riesling Spatlese (Mosel): A little too clean on the nose, to the point where you're not quite sure what you're in for $13 B- #
- 09 Heinz Eifel Riesling Auslese (Mosel): Promising but cloying. You can smell & taste the sugar as if it's trying just a bit too hard $14 B- #
- 07 Modus Operandi "Antithesis" (Napa Valley): Big, bold & beautifully rendered. These intense black fruits are not for the squeamish. $95 A- #
- 04 Klein Constantia Vin de Constance (Constantia): S.A.'s legendary Muscat lives up to the legend w/ orange, mango & spices to spare. $50 A- #
- 09 Dominique Piron Rose (Beaujolais): Don't let the light color fool you, this pairs fat juicy cherries with the depth of a Morgon. $12 B+ #
- 09 Pierre Marie Chermette "Les Griottes" Rose (Beaujolais): Man, those flowers have *heft*. Probably too much to really be balanced. $15 B- #
- 08 Domaine de Dorées Beaujolais Blanc: Eminently quaffable & impeccably balanced. Also impeccably priced (shh don't tell them). $12 B+ #
- 08 Chateau du Chatelard Beaujolais Blanc Vieilles Vignes: Like forward & balanced Chard? U can party w/ this for 1/2 the price of CA. $15 B+ #
Powered by Twitter Tools
2 thoughts on “Weekly Twitter Wine Mini-Reviews Round-up for 2010-06-26”
Wow the best wine blogger is up early. Where are the Washington wines on this list?
:-) Maybe later…
Comments are closed.