- 07 Polka dot Riesling (Pfalz): Sweet but not cloying; floral but not that fruity; cheap but not too bad #
- 07 Sebeka Cabernet Pinotage (Western Cape, SA): Dark red fruit… followed by… the fat of… BACON!!! #
- Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc/Viognier (CA): You might expect this to be flabby, but bright acidity & tropical fruits carry the day with this one #
- 07 Sebeka Sauvignon Blanc (Western Cape, SA): You might find the acidity a tad lacking, but the minerality will win you back (so will the $) #
- 04 CarmelVintage (Israel): Port-style dessert petite syrah from the OLD Old World. Blackberry syrup gives way to smoke & dried prune. Nice. #
- 07 Napa Cellars Napa Valley Pinot Noir: VG, but I’m waiting for more fruit. It’s like a fabulous cherry, with a pound of X-mas spice on top. #
Powered by Twitter Tools.
6 thoughts on “Weekly Twitter Wine Mini-Reviews Round-up for 2009-04-18”
Didn't like the Napa Cellars Pinot as much as you did.
Well, it's entirely possible that I had too much of it…
I just had the Pine Ridge. I completely agree with your tasting tweets, and I think it would be a great, inexpensive (less than $10) wine on a hot summer day.
Comments are closed.