So, like what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 Saintsbury Garnet Pinot Noir (Carneros): Raspberries are in the sage brush, along with a bushel of oak sticks; time to pick! $19 B >>find this wine>>
- 08 Saintsbury Chardonnay Unfiltered (Carneros): Lively dance, but fat lady is starting to sing when it comes to those melon fruits. $17 B- >>find this wine>>
- 10 Sandhi Evening Land Tempest Pinot Noir (Santa Rita Hills): Lay it down for 6 years, then invite me over after opening it, please. $90 A- >>find this wine>>
- 10 Sandhi Sanford And Benedict Pinot Noir (Santa Rita Hills): Peter Piper picked a peck of pithy peppery pulchritudinous strawberries $55 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Sandhi Bent Rock Chardonnay (Santa Rita Hills): Apples, apricots & cream, all washed clean in a crystal-clear spring water stream. $90 A- >>find this wine>>
- 10 Sandhi Sanford And Benedict Chardonnay (Santa Rita Hills): Chardonnay as stunningly good-looking super-hero for food, cape & all. $45 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Hirsch Vineyards Reserve Estate Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Red berry compote went out for tea & brought back a bag full of awesome $85 A- >>find this wine>>
- 10 Hirsch Vineyards Bohan Dillon Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Attn! Herbs, citrus rind & minerals now pulling into strawberry central! $30 B >>find this wine>>
- 10 Hirsch Vineyards Estate Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast): Refreshing as meeting up with a frozen fruit-&-creamcicle in the Sahara. $55 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Failla Keefer Ranch Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Like your favorite X-mas party, spiced foods & all, condensed into a glass. $45 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Failla Hudson Vineyard Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Richly but not ostentatiously adorned; let’s go with "flamboyantly reserved!" $50 A- >>find this wine>>
- 08 Cobb Rice Spivak Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Where cranberry, earth & herbs go when they wanna get all dressed up & fancy. $75 A- >>find this wine>>
- 09 Chappellet Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Peaches, apples, nutmeg & electric verve; plug in, & serve up with braised chicken & potatoes $32 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Chappellet Signature Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): So unapologetic & bold, it could have been sculpted by Marcel Duchamp. $49 B+ >>find this wine>>