So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 Donnafugata Ben Rye (Passito di Pantelleria): A 1/2-bottle of honeyed, fig-tinged magic, with fingertip lighting special effects. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Lobo da Silveira Solar dos Lobos Grande Escolha Tinto (Alentejo): Textural and gripping, once you get past the initial shyness. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Herdade do Esporao AB Alicante Bouschet (Alentejo): The pointy edges have been rounded out, much to the benefit of red wine lovers $39 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Quinta do Zambujeiro Monte do Zambujeiro (Alentejo): All around the mulberry bush… we'll be doing some sultry dancing… $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Henrique Uva Herdade da Mingorra Vinha da Ira (Alentejo): Doing its best to make ripe plums seem sexy… and largely succeeding. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Jose Maria da Fonseca Jose de Sousa Red (Alentejo): The red and the black (fruits, that is) engage on a stone-laden battlefield… $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Monte Branco Tinto (Alentejo): Sporting an intensity that would likely put many athletes in the NFL combine to total shame. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Windvane Carneros Pinot Noir (Carneros): Smoked meat this inherently good probably doesn't need quite so much wood on the fire. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Windvane Carneros Chardonnay (Carneros): The weather is a little steamy, but there's a crisp breeze blowing in this direction. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Lasseter Family Winery Reminiscence (Sonoma Valley): Big, brash, bold, brambly, bombastic, and, at turns, kind of beautiful. $125 A- >>find this wine<<
2 thoughts on “Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For September 11, 2017”
Hey Joe, when reading your articles I can just feel your passion! Real good read. I recently made a wine tasting guide on http://www.uniquewineholders.com .. website got just started and I was wondering what you think? If you’ve got time let me know :) much appreciated Jules
Thanks, Jules. Sorry, but since the very first thing on the website when I visited was a full-on ad for that ridiculous wine-bra thing, I couldn’t bring myself to spend more than three seconds on that site.
Comments are closed.