So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 06 Pisano ArretXea Grand Reserve (Uruguay): A shot of sour dark cherries that are sipping tea, jamming Mozart & discussing Kant. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Pisano RPF Tannat Reserva Personal de la Familia (Uruguay): Mineral, fresh & elegant; yes, it's really Tannat we're talking about. $25 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Pisano Reserve Tannat Syrah Viognier (Uruguay): A meaty lift, before smacking you down authoritatively with tobacco seriousness. $14 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Pisano Reserve Cabernet Franc Syrah Rose (Uruguay): Friendly, but introducing itself in a proper, poised, and reserved way. $14 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Pisano Rio de los Pajaros Torrontes Reserve (Uruguay): Doing its best – and quite entertaining – tropical Sauv Blanc impersonation. $14 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Pueblo del Sol Tannat Dessert Wine (Uruguay): Light on its feet but strong enough to handle a packed load of chocolate & flowers. $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 07 Familia Deicas Preludio Lot No. 89 Red (Uruguay): Very young, but a complicated, capable poet is slowly and methodically emerging. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Pueblo del Sol Edicion Limitada Tannat (Uruguay): Engaging tug-of-war battle between sexy, smokey silkiness and tart freshness. $27 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Atlantico Sur Single Vineyard Red (Uruguay): Silky, sexy & expressive, and fresher at the end than a leather whip-crack sting. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Pueblo del Sol Tannat Reserva (Uruguay): A fresh – and woody – take on taming the dark-fruited, coffee-drinking Tannat beast. $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Familia Deicas Preludio Barrel Select No. 12 White (Uruguay): Uh! Where're you from, you sexy thing…? You sexy thang you! $50 B+ >>find this wine<<
2 thoughts on “Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For October 28, 2013”
I love looking through wine and food blogs. My friend just told me about yours and also "Cooking With Mr. C." on Facebook. I just "Liked" his page and came to see your site. I'm glad when people share blogs with each other. Denise
Comments are closed.