So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Tasca d’Almerita Tenuta Regaleali Riserva del Conte (Sicily): The peasants stormed the castle, & triumphantly overthrown the king! $NA A >>find this wine<<
- 09 Baglio del Cristo di Campobello Lu Patri Nero d’Avola (Sicily): Old school dark fruits, thoroughly dressed up in modern clothes. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Cristo di Campobello CDC Rosato di Nero d’Avola (Sicily): The cherries & strawberries come to you jauntily, on little, happy feet. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Planeta Eruzione 1614 Carricante Sicilia (Sicily): When they’re this pretty, you wish that they’d flaunt it just a little bit more. $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 14 Planeta Etna Bianco (Sicily): There’s no ignoring this floral, fruity, and potent expression when it struts itself into the room. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Pietradolce Archineri Etna Bianco (Sicily): If seawater were drinkable & tasty, & could get you buzzed, it would taste like this. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Graci Etna Bianco (Sicily): Pithy, pleasant, & picking pretty flowers; & that finish isn’t going anywhere for a while, thankfully. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Crossbarn Paul Hobbs Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir (Sonoma County): Basically, you won’t be able to keep your grubby lips off of it. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Alamos Seleccion Malbec (Mendoza): Could double as an wine encyclopedia entry for what to expect from capable Argentine Malbec. $19 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Darms Lane Oak Knoll District Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Sings in a rich baritone, but true harmony still remains elusive. $28 B >>find this wine<<