I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a “mini-review” format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- NV Adriano Adami Bosco di Gica Brut (Prosecco di Valdobbiadene Superiore): Reserve it for when you need a shot of refinement; don’t start bitching, though, you’ll still get your fruit action! $20 B
- 2013 E. Guigal Crozes-Hermitage (Rhone): Eminently drinkable meets impeccably peppery meets elegantly crafted meets your grateful mouth. $28 B+
- 2013 Cadaretta Cabernet Sauvignon (Columbia Valley): Flaunting its sex appeal and fine wooden furnishings, almost to the point of exasperation, but good work is good work. $45 A-
- 2016 Wooldridge Creek Vineyard Chardonnay (Applegate Valley): Annnnnnnd chalk up yet another balanced, tasty reason to consider Chardonnay as Oregon’s *other* best grape… $26 A-
- 2015 Wooldridge Creek Vineyard Warrick White Reserve (Applegate Valley): Toasty, peachy, floral, apricot luuuuv child of Chardonnay and Viognier. $28 B+
- 2017 Wooldridge Creek Vineyard Dry Rose (Applegate Valley): Taste this before you write off the gentler sides of Syrah and Malbec, you judgemental bastard, you! $20 B+
- 2014 Wooldridge Creek Vineyard Merlot (Applegate Valley): Aromas of America’s Left Coast, palate of Bordeaux’s Right Bank, and brambly structure weaving it all together. $34 A-
- 2015 Sosie Wines Vivio Vineyard Bennet Valley Roussanne (Sonoma County): When stone fruits get all sultry and seductive and stuff like that. $38 A-
- 2015 Sosie Wines Stagecoach Vineyard Block K5 Cabernet Franc (Napa Valley): Holllllllly. Sh*t. Struts into the dusty street, calm, collected, both guns blazing. $80 A
- 2014 Mi Sueno Winery Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Sexy now, but like Helen Mirren, this one is gonna get even more elegant with age. $75 A-