So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Petrolo Galatrona (Toscana): Sits in silence, then bursts out laughing at your puny mortal ideas of what constitutes "massive." $80 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Felsina Berardenga Rancia Chianti Classico Riserva (Tuscany): The kind of odd mix of mature & youthful that seems almost brilliant $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Tenuta San Guido Sassicaia (Bolgheri): You say that you're in a hurry? Well, that's just too f*cking bad for you, tough guy. $200 A >>find this wine<<
- 13 Principe Corsini Fattoria le Corti Don Tommaso Chianti Classico Gran Selezione (Tuscany): Tangy, chewy, & ready to grow on you. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Pierre Sparr Gewurztraminer Mambourg Grand Cru (Alsace): Prepare your lychee-and-floral fix for a whole lot of "uhmmm… wow!" $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Cooper Mountain Vineyards Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): While not deep, it is fresh, lively, and lovely; pass the veggie burgers $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Troon Red Label Zinfandel (Appelgate Valley): This is Zinfandel in one of its friendliest, freshest, and least fearsome forms. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Trefethen Merlot (Napa Valley): Enticing. Even more so if you happen to have a rack of lamb soon coming off of a grill near you. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Domaine Chandon Etoile Brut (California): You'll think fondly of apple pie more than a few times when chillaxing with this one. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Windrun Sta. Rita Hills Pinot Noir (Sta. Rita Hill): Meaty and Savory are the names of star players in this down-to-earth show. $33 B+ >>find this wine<<
2 thoughts on “Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For November 7, 2016”
Thanks for the recognition, Joe.
Comments are closed.