So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Page Mill Winery Chandler Vineyard Chardonnay (Livermore Valley): Lovely lemon pie with peach-infused whipped cream to top it off. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Steven Kent Winery Merrillie Chardonnay (Livermore Valley): Queen's depth of character, complexity & elegance for a pauper's price $34 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Darcie Kent Vineyards Madden Ranch Petite Sirah (Livermore Valley): As bold & as sizable as the vineyard's NFL legend namesake. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Fenestra Winery Ghielmetti Voneyard Petite Sirah (Livermore Valley): Unforgiving, opinionated, & offering a powerful argument. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Champagne Mailly Brut Rose Grand Cru (Champagne): What you won't find in complexity or length, you'll get back in lithe freshness. $50 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Champagne Mailly Brut Reserve (Champagne): And then you drank it with Asian take-out and your mouth was all like Oh! Snap! $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Gundlach Bundschu Estate Vineyard Gewurztraminer (Sonoma Coast): Bouquet of aromatic flowers clenched in a buff weightlifter's arm $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Pahlmeyer Napa Valley Merlot (Napa Valley): The polar opposite of "svelte." Also quite the polar opposite of "short" & "sucks." $85 A >>find this wine<<
- 13 Chateau Carbonnieux Bordeaux Blanc (Pessac-Leognan): Your resistance against tropically-armed deliciousness is futile, my friend. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 83 Toro Albala Don PX Grand Reserva (Montilla-Moriles): Imagine serving rich, dense caramel sweets to Greek gods & goddesses. 1/2 btl. $52 A >>find this wine<<
2 thoughts on “Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For November 23, 2015”
I loved that Pahlmeyer Merlot.
Yeah, that was a crazy good wine.
Comments are closed.