So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 La Molara Taurasi Riserva Santa Vara (Campania): Combining power and grace in ways not easily found in the Southern Mediterranean $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 08 Di Meo Taurasi Vigna Olmo Riserva (Campania): If you dig black licorice and wood, you are gonna feel like you're in heaven. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Ocone Vigna del Monaco Falanghina del Taburno (Campania): Taught, slender beauty, wound up tight with elegant sage dressings. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Fontanavecchia Taburno (Falanghina del Sannio): An oddball, to be sure, but one that's thoroughly endearing & entertaining. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Feudi di San Gregorio Serpico Rosso Irpinia (Campania): You know what they say, if you love a man's garden, you gotta love the man $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Feudi di San Gregorio Piano di Montevergine Riserva (Taurasi): Nothing shy, timid, weak, or under-performing to be found here. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Feudi di San Gregorio Campanaro Bianco Irpinia (Campania): Offering ample salinity to wash down all of that acerbic, toasty bite. $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Feudi di San Gregorio Cutizzi (Greco di Tufo): You might swoon to the headiness, but its vivacity & balance will set you upright. $36 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Feudi di San Gregorio Pietracalda (Fiano di Avellino): We do like our bargains delicious, mineral, & potentially quite long-lived. $31 A- >>find this wine<<
- 08 Bodegas Riojanas Vina Albina Reserva (Rioja): Still a smooth character, polished, fresh, fancy, flamboyant, and well-groomed $35 B+ >>find this wine<<