I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a “mini-review” format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- NV Acquesi Asti (Piedmont): Bubbly and friendly in such positive ways, that you;ll likely succumb to its sweet charms. $NA B
- 2017 Donnafugata Floramundi (Cerasuolo di Vittoria): Just as wild, fragrant, and seductive as ever, only with slightly more distinguished greying temples now. $29 B+
- 2016 Donnafugata ‘Tancredi’ (Terre Siciliane): Doing a damned good Bordeaux impersonation. Tangy and terrific. $42 A-
- 2018 OG de Negoce Cabernet Sauvignon N. 43 (Napa Valley): Big, juicy, jammy, and flaunting what it’s got. $13 A-
- 2015 ZD Wines Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Hedonists will be pleased; but that’s big bucks for this kind of payoff. $230 A-
- 2020 Brancott Estate ‘Flight’ Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough): Big-boned, big-spiced, big-tasting. $13 B
- 2020 Brancott Estate ‘Classic’ Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough): Subdued, but fresh as a daisy on a new Spring morning. $11 B-
- 2020 Dashwood Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough): Hope you like your starfruit, limes and melon juuuuuuust ripe! $13 B
- 2020 Whitehaven Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough): Lifting its tropical fruits with an almost effortless, bouyant motion. $14 B+
- 2019 Loveblock Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough): A lot of bold, vivacious, elegant stuff to love in this block. $20 B+