So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- NV Henriques & Henriques 20 Years Old Terrantez (Madeira): Toasted nuts & fresh marmalade, served up with razor-sharp precision. $100 A- >>find this wine<<
- 71 Henriques & Henriques Garrafeira Sercial Vintage Madeira (Madeira): Your almonds & salted caramel, paired w/ total awesomeness. $315 A >>find this wine<<
- 98 Henriques & Henriques Medium Rich Single Harvest Madeira (Madeira): Cigars, tea, figs, and a whole heap-load of sophistication. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Tenuta di Arceno Arcanum (Toscana): Gorgeous, slumbering giant that will not be happy until you allow it 6 more years of sleep. $100 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Trefethen Oak Knoll District Dry Riesling (Napa Valley): As close to biting into a fresh, crisp, green apple as a glass allows. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Lazy Creek Vineyards Gewurtaztraminer (Anderson Valley): There's a bit of stone fruit flesh on those well-rounded floral bones. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Summerhill Pyramid Winery Pinot Noir Cipes Rose (Okanagan Valley): Complex? Nah. Jolly, crowd-pleasing red berry fun? Oh, yeah. $26 B >>find this wine<<
- 15 Brancott Estate Letter Series B Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough): Intent on makin' sweet, sweet luurv in the sweet, sweet lemon grass $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Kim Crawford SP Small Parcel SpitFire Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough): Mostly spitfiring on all the right passion-fruity cylinders. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Dutton Goldfield McDougall Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Dark, lean & stony, let it labor for a years; you'll be rewarded. $62 A- >>find this wine<<