So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Patrick Vauvy Domaine Bellevue Rose (Touraine): Like getting 5 buckets of strawberries & only having to pay with spare change. $12 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Barone Pizzini Franciacorta Rose (Franciacorta): Bubbles, nuts & red fruit that simply refuse to take No as a valid answer. $33 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Anna de Codorniu Brut (Cava): Look, lady, I'm sorry, could you repeat that, because I wasn't really paying any attention. $15 C+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Artadi Bodegas y Vinedos Artazu Artazuri Garnacha Rosado (Navarra): Go west, young man; & by west, I mean go tangy… & go tasty. $10 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Bele Casel Asolo Prosecco Colfondo (Prosecco): White peaches & biscuits spinning clay into oddly interesting art house sculptures. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Steven Kent Winery Cabernet Sauvignon (Livermore Valley): Everything's in tune, and the chorus is singing in lovely high tones. $48 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Steven Kent Winery Lola Sauvignon Blanc (Livermore Valley): California channeling the spirit worlds of both Bordeaux & Loire. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Merryvale Cabernet Franc (Napa Valley): Somewhere between forceful Pantera thrasher & raspy, poignant Bob Dylan love ballad. $90 A- >>find this wine<<
- 07 Arteis & Co Brut Rose (Champagne): Tangy, pithy, aggressive red fruits, wielding sharp-edged blades & not afraid of a good fight. $74 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Scotto Cellars 50 Harvests Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Capable of hanging out at the party all night without looking tired. $50 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Charles Krug Estate Bottled Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley): It's sexy, and it knows it; this one is all about curves and texture. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Lioco Laguna Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): A PN for those who feel oh so pretty, & for those who feel oh so pithy, too. $38 B+ >>find this wine<<